Enhancing Our Residents Dining Experience
To create a more positive dining experience for our residents.
The Dining Room is the Centre of Life
- Mealtimes in a care home extend past the core need to maintain a healthy diet, it is an experience!
- It is a main focus in a resident’s social life; it helps them to understand the time of day and provides them with something to look forward to, especially after COVID-19.
- We deliver a supportive dining environment for our residents; we wish to offer a more personal controlled experience.
- We wish to enhance the overall sensory experience by having a servery that has the functional ability to adjust to the height of the required wheelchair level.
- Improve the dining experience for our residents.
- Create a new entrance to the kitchen.
- Rearrange the current kitchen creating an office and changing area.
- Future proof the kitchen, replacing the floor and equipment.
- Create an in and out, doors to the dining room.
- Enhance the dining experience by having a servery for residents.
- Creating a sensory experience.
- Enabling choice.
- Enhancing independence.
- Opportunity for family meals.
- Better quality of life.
- Increasing social activity and reducing loneliness.
The benefit to residents
- Enhanced freedom of choice.
- Improved cognitive recognition.
- Reduction in mental health concerns.
- More social interactions.
- Enhanced appetites and palatability.
- Greater independence.
- Portion control.
- Improved access to self service.
- Relocating the door will reduce noise.
- Relocating the office will create a small meeting room for families.
How can you support?
The estimated cost of the project is £120,000.
A contribution towards this project would ensure that we could start the process of change during 2022.
Jersey Cheshire Home
Eric Young House, Rope Walk, St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands, JE2 4UU